Monday, October 25, 2010

Lyndsay's Bridal Shower!

On Saturday, I had the privilege of hosting a bridal shower for my soon to be sister-in-law.  It was a great opportunity to honor Lyndsay while indulging in my creative hobbies.  I made the invitations using an elegant rubber stamp from www.stampinup.com to dress up my design layout and then made recipe cards and notes cards to match.  I love matching stationary!  Guests were asked to bring a dish and the recipe to the shower.  I thought a lot about what kind of cake to make for Lyndsay and finally opted to bake chocolate cupcakes which I decorated with pansies.  They looked cute!



Guests brought lots of neat salads, appetizers, and desserts! 





During the shower, I invited guests to write Lyndsay well wishes on the note cards that matched the invitations.  They put them in a keepsake album for Lyndsay.  I will add the photos to it as well once they are printed. 


Lyndsay's mom is very excited about the wedding and brought some great favors including small wine bottles, custom M&Ms and yankee candle votives in Lyndsay's lilac.





Steve brought over beautiful roses for Lyndsay!


I decorated the table's with Steve's roses as well as small bouquets of Dahlias, snaps, and mums from our garden and threw in a few panises that were left over from the cupcakes.






7 more weeks!!

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous all around!! the glowing bride-to-be, your decorations, photos, the food. wish i could have been there.

    ReplyDelete